Unanswered: Overiding user rights via code

Hello,
    I would like to run a query or a vba function on a linked msaccess table on which current user does not have read rights. Naturally, I have administrator rights.
    The question is how (via VBA code) can I temporarily connect to an msaccess database with full rights, and then close the connection.

(linked tables are not linked via ODBC)

thanks,
    aviby

As far as I know it will always ask for a password. So I don't know if it's possible in this way (to hardcode the password). I know that you can hardcode an ODBC password.

Are you sure there is no other way of achieving the same results of what you want to do?

Hard code password in Access

Quote Originally Posted by kyrsid
    As far as I know it will always ask for a password. So I don't know if it's possible in this way (to hardcode the password). I know that you can hardcode an ODBC password.

Are you sure there is no other way of achieving the same results of what you want to do?
    Thank you. I want limited permissions users to update the
    main database tables with their answers to questions, but I do not want such users to, lets say, open the database with their password and see other users' responses.

Aviby

There are three ways I can think off.
    Complexity varies.

One, -and the simplest- is to give the users the runtime version of Access. Like that they cannot open the database.

Two, is to create an Access project with SQL security. So you will have to know sql.

Third and more complex is to create two databases a front and a back end. The front end will have hardcoded queries that will be outputing the results in empty tables and then use these tables to show the results.

Quote Originally Posted by kyrsid
    There are three ways I can think off.
    Complexity varies.

One, -and the simplest- is to give the users the runtime version of Access. Like that they cannot open the database.

Two, is to create an Access project with SQL security. So you will have to know sql.

Third and more complex is to create two databases a front and a back end. The front end will have hardcoded queries that will be outputing the results in empty tables and then use these tables to show the results.
    And here I am doing my stuff the "third way" all this time ... And thought it was easy ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...