Arrow Unanswered: size of a table???

Hi all,

I am using DB2 version 5 using Win2000, I know it is possible to list the size of
    a tablespace. But, I wonder if it is possible to enquire the size of a table. If so, pls kindly provide a sample.

Thanks in advance.
    ME

Quote Originally Posted by john_wsm
    Hi all,

I am using DB2 version 5 using Win2000, I know it is possible to list the size of
    a tablespace. But, I wonder if it is possible to enquire the size of a table. If so, pls kindly provide a sample.

Thanks in advance.
    ME
    v5?

In v8 you can right click on a table in the Control Center and use the "Estimate Size" routine. I can't remember if that existed in v5, though, the v5 Control Center was a completely different (barely useable) animal.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant

Quote Originally Posted by J Petruk
    v5?

In v8 you can right click on a table in the Control Center and use the "Estimate Size" routine. I can't remember if that existed in v5, though, the v5 Control Center was a completely different (barely useable) animal.
    Just tinkering, if you use SMS you can select the tableid from SYCAT.TABLES, the container path for the tablespace the table is in should have files like SQL00044.DAT for that id. (ie. in this case, 44).

There may also be .INX (index), LB and LBA (lobs) files. Add up the sizes of all of those.

DMS I don't believe is that easy.
    --
    Jonathan Petruk
    DB2 Database Consultant