Unanswered: FMpro 7 and Uploadit

Greetings and salutations all,
    My database is accessed by its users using FMpro7's Instant Web Publishing feature. One field is a picture container, but IWP is not capable of letting remote users upload files to the database. I've looked around for a plugin to solve this problem and the closest one I could find was Uploadit 1.0. Unfortunately, the Uploadit folks have not created any documentation for the imlimentation of their plugin in FMpro 7 and I can not get it to work. Does anyone know how to use Uploadit in FMpro 7 or of any other plugins I could use? I've looked around all over the place and haven't found anything else.

Thanks,
    Ben Kemp

Another approach....

In ths old days, Lasso or CDML, could not handle file uploads either; however, it was easily accomplished with a server plug-in. Webstar use to come with a plug-in called File-Upload. A couple of years ago I found similar plug-ins for IIS and I would be shocked if there weren't a thousand Apache plug-ins to do the same thing.

The trick was to get that data into FileMaker Pro. The way this was accomplished by getting the file list before the upload, and them comparing it with the file list after. The difference was your new file. The first time I saw this done Lasso was used to return the directory information, but in your case I think I would be looking towards Troi File.

I have been using this plug-in with FMP 7 without issues. I actually began using File several years ago. After you get the filename, you can also use Troi File to move the file and import it (even as a reference) into you FileMaker record.

To get the the 'upload' page you would likely use the open URL command... or at least that's what I'm thinking.

this advise to totally off the top of my head, but I would interested in what you come up with.

Another totally off the wall approach is to build a FMP7 runtime to collect the data and the new photos and use FTPit and Activator to get the records to the hosted database. I'm sure you are aware that runtime versions have 'FileMaker' networkingdisabled, thus the plug-ins are required to add similar function...

thanks,

Joe

Thanks

Thank you for the advice, I'm looking at Troi File right now. I'll post again when I get it all to work.

Cheers,
    Benjamin Kemp