Unanswered: How Convert Ddf In Version 8 To Version 6.15 Or 7

hOW DO I CONVERT THE DDFS WHICH i WROTE IN VERSION 8 BACK INTO A VERSION OF 6.15 OR 7. The reason for this is that the crystal reports engine is using an older version of btreive and keeps on given errors like data buffer length too long error 22. The data files were created by a colleague and it's in a 6.15 format, where as I used version pervasive 8 to create the ddf files, and some how there's a data length mismatch between the data files and ddf files. I did a database consistency test and noticed a difference of 8 bytes in size due to the longvarchar field. The data file my colleage created has a note field
    but in the version 8, this is replaced by a longvarchar field which has a size of 8 bytes and I think this is where it's going wrong, so basically what I need is something that can convert my ddf files back into a 6.15 format i.e convert longvarchar fields back to note fields etc.
    Last edited by natalies; 05-05-04 at 23:49.

Provided Answers: 4
    Note fields are stored differently than LongVarChar fields. When you created the DDFs, did you select "Advanced Settings" to specify the exisiting data file?
    You don't need to "convert" the DDFs to 6.15 format, you need to create them properly. Use the Create Table Wizard and specify "Advanced Settings". This will let you create the table with the Note field (as the last field).
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

How to convert 8.0 ddf files back to 6.15

"Advanced settings" is not the answer since it only shows indexed fields
    and all field names are like unused1,unused2 etc, and I can't be manually changing the fieldnames, inserting fields etc. my ddfs are created using an sql script that creates the tables with relevant fields etc,the script creates about 40 tables with at least 20 fields in each, I need a way of converting the ddfs in version back to a 6.15 format at least the longvarchar field needs to be converted to a note field. Is there a way to do this ???????

Provided Answers: 4
    Using script, there is no way to specify a Note data type for the variable length field. You can use DTO/DTI but not in script.
    If you have an old install of 7.0 or 6.15 with the ODBC driver, you could do it in script but not in 2000 or V8.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Where do i get version 6.15 or 7 of pervasive

Where Can I get a version of version 6.15 or 7 of pervasive
    basically it's for creating note fields not longvarchar fields, and I want to be able to write the sql script in pervasive in order to create the tables rather than create them manually. Note fields in version 7 are different to longvarchar fields in version 8