Unanswered: No of users for the evaluation copy of DB2 8.1

Hi,

Please let me know the no of users eligible to access the Evaluation copy of DB2 8.1 for Windows and Solaris Platforms. At least how to find out this information.

Thank You,
    Lahiru

I assume you are using ESE ...

ESE does not have user limitation ... It is licensed on the number of processors ..

For evaluation, there is no limit for the number of processors (atleast, I have not seen that statement anywhere ) ... I have used evaluation copies on machies which had upto six processors ...
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s
    I assume you are using ESE ...

ESE does not have user limitation ... It is licensed on the number of processors ..

For evaluation, there is no limit for the number of processors (atleast, I have not seen that statement anywhere ) ... I have used evaluation copies on machies which had upto six processors ...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Thanks for the information. But When I installed an evaluation copy on a Linux RedHat Advance Server box (With all the recommended kernel upgrades to Linux and patches to DB) I could not bring the DB to running mode when the network interface of the OS is up.

Have you ever encounter such a situation?

That is why I was so curious about the no of users, because I though evaluation copy will allow only one user in UNIX platforms.

Thanks in advance.

for errors check the db2diag.log and the notify log file in sqllib/db2dump directory under the instance owner's home
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.