Question Unanswered: UTL_FILE Problem

I am writing reports for my application using utl_file. All the parameters are set properly but in some cases whenever i try to Open/Write a file i get the following errors, please note that does not happen always only in some particular cases.

The exceptions are.

1. Invalid_filehandle

2. Invalid Operation

The error is totally strange because all the necessary permissions are there for the directory i am writing. This is happening in our production environment where multiple users access the system.

Have you added the "UTL_FILE_DIR" parameter to your init.ora of the database and restarted? This parameter tells Oracle which directory on the host system it has privileges to look into...

JoeB

Quote Originally Posted by murthy_dsr
    I am writing reports for my application using utl_file. All the parameters are set properly but in some cases whenever i try to Open/Write a file i get the following errors, please note that does not happen always only in some particular cases.

The exceptions are.

1. Invalid_filehandle

2. Invalid Operation

The error is totally strange because all the necessary permissions are there for the directory i am writing. This is happening in our production environment where multiple users access the system.
    Please recheck your code, may be somewhere down the line you have missed to close the handler.
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu