Unanswered: Refer to field Property from a variable

I have a string variable that contains a table name and one of its field like "table.field". This format is same as is in the SELECT clause.I want to refer and pick the caption property of this field.How? I know that if I had the table name and the field name not in a variable then this job would be easy but the contents of variable are changing each time (the variable is an array type which contains several tables with their fields).I think that it is extremely difficult. Is there someone who can solve this problem?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    Fields don't have captions... ?

Do you intend to rename the label associated with a control?

Call the label directly and set its caption property to whatever you'd like.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Sorry but there is a caption property in fileds.See the properties for its field in a design view table.Then you will see this property but the problem is more general. Don't focus on specific situasion. For example as we suppose that in the variable we have the name of an object and we want to be reported in one of its property. How?

Quote Originally Posted by NonLinear
    I have a string variable that contains a table name and one of its field like "table.field". This format is same as is in the SELECT clause.I want to refer and pick the caption property of this field.How? I know that if I had the table name and the field name not in a variable then this job would be easy but the contents of variable are changing each time (the variable is an array type which contains several tables with their fields).I think that it is extremely difficult. Is there someone who can solve this problem?
    Thanks
    Do you want to get the Field names in an Query?

If you use QueryDef you will be able to go through the collection and get the fields' names

PHP Code:
      Dim qdfTemp As QueryDef,  fld As Field

Set qdfTemp 
    db.CreateQueryDef("anyQureyName""SELECT * FROM yourTable")  

For 
    Each fld In qdfTemp.Fields
             MsgBox
    (fld.Name' Gives the Field Name of the Query
        Next fld 

No I am sorry. I don't want the name of the field. I WANT THE CAPTION PROPERTY that I wrote when the field was created in an Access table. Note that the filed's and its table's name is in a string variable.
    Thanks