Exclamation Unanswered: Importing a csv file on a schedule.

I am trying to import some data from a csv file on a regular basis. This file, however, is stored on a website. I can't seem to find a way, either using DTS or a stored procedure to make this task simple. If the file is at http://www.mysite.com/import.csv is there anyway I can get DTS to download that file and import it into a new table?

Thanks,
    Scott

Yes, however the owner of the DTS package must also have rights to the share the file is on. What error are you getting?
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

The database and server are located in house (we're a web design co) so there's no problem there, but the csv file isn't ours.

What we're doing is trying to automatically download a weather station/location list from NOAA, but it isn't posted on their ftp site, only on their website. So, if I understand your statment correctly, it's not really on a share, rather it's just a http url.

I've come up with a couple of solutions that will work, but their not very elegant and I can't believe I'm not overlooking something since DTS has procedures for retrieving from ftp and from csv's.

Hope this clears up what I'm asking for.
    Thanks for your time.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by derrickleggett
    Yes, however the owner of the DTS package must also have rights to the share the file is on. What error are you getting?

Provided Answers: 54
    If you have a copy of the Windows Resource Kit, load Perl from it onto your DTS machine. Build a tiny Perl script to retrieve a copy of the file to a local disk, make that script a step in your DTS package, and you should be on your way!

-PatP