Unanswered: Copying DTS Packages across Servers

HI All,

Now my brain isn't quite where it should be right about now - so hopefully you will be able to put me at rest.

I have been building a new server with SQL2000 on it. Some of the stuff on our existing server is going to be migrated across - however I for the life of me cannot make any sense of how to move stuff (like DTS packages) from one server to another.

moving the Database's - no problems, but all the other guff in the tree (in Enterprise Manager) I cant seem to get.

Any assistance here is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Troy
    Sideways see's more scenery

Hi Troy,

You can save the packages as a structure file and save them to disk and then transfer them to your new server....

Or,.. you could get cunning and write a quick app to do it. I have some asp pages that I have written that will do this and I can flick them your way if you want... they will probably need tweaking to suit your needs...

What's the weather like in Auckland today??

Red face

Hey thanks for that.
    I will go and have a play and see what I can do - I assume it is a pretty straight forward process dumping them to file? And then reimporting them?

As for the ASP page - ummm errr, would love to take you up on that offer, but sadly I am about as literate with that sort of stuff as Cinderalla with a grenade laucher. (unless it is blatantly obvious). What are your thoughts on this?

Hmmm as for the weather - well all in all okay, and it is meant to be good through the weekend. Which will make a nice change because our new pool should have a chance to dry up and return to what was our lawn
    Hopefully better in Aust.
    Sideways see's more scenery

It's a relatively simple asp page,... the key thing is the SQL that we use. You could probably write it up as another stored proc or something to carry out the same function... ASP is a piece of cake to understand assuming some general knowledge of scripting languages...

Have a think about it and let me know.

Weather in Sydney today is overcast and cool,... not raining yet though... I think my cousin who is visiting from Chch brought this cloud with him....