Unanswered: Pervasive 2000i connect to Win XP client

Any idea y I cant connect Pervasive 2000i client(XP platform) to Windows 2000 server?

Kept having Btrieve error 3105 on the client PC. Moreover, client PC can't connect to the server at network communication protocol layer.

In PVSW log, it says Error initializing the communications server. Error code: 10.

Provided Answers: 4
    What protocol are you using to communicate? If it's TCP/IP, can you ping the server by name from the client? How about ping the client by name from the server? Do other clients have the same problem? If not, what different about those? What flavor of XP are you using (Home, Pro, Tablet, MCE, etc)?
    The 3105 means:
    No available transport protocol for the Pervasive Network Services Layer
    No transport protocol that is common to both the target server engine and clients is available. For example, this status code could be caused by a client using SPX when the server engine only has TCP/IP available. Check the Supported protocols setting within the Communication protocols option for both the client and server. For more information on Communication protocols, refer to Advanced Operations Guide.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Hi

its configured as TCP/IP on server and client end. Using Windows XP Professional for the client workstation. The server is able to ping to client and vice versa. Is there something to do with Win XP security permissions or internal firewall? which this might cos a problem to communicate with the server? Thx

Cheers
    Focus77

A firewall could cause problems. You'll want to make sure the server engine is listening and those ports are open. THe ports are 3351 (Btrieve) and 1583 (ODBC). Do you have any other machines? Do they work? Can you post the PSA log file?
    Mirtheil Software

hi .. will check those ports and other machines..
    btw, where can i get the PSA log file? what is this log file actually?

The PSA log's default location is "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Pervasive Software Shared\PSA\PSALog.txt".
    THe PSA is the Pervasive System Analyzer and it tests the network and the Pervasive connections. If you haven't run it, you should.
    Mirtheil Software

Same problem with 2000 client and nt-server

I've got the same problem with one 2000-client and a nt server.
    All the other clients do work. Trying on another server results in the same error 3105. Changing nic doesn't solved the problem. Ping works in both ways. Never had this before.

Thumbs down You're using probably Symantec nav 2004

Remove it and replace it with mcafee. Don't look any further.