Question Unanswered: SQL Reporting Services - Dynamic SQL stored procedures

Hi, all:

Kind of new to reporting services. I've been playing around with SQL Reporting Services and was wondering if anyone knows how to populate the fields from a dataset in the Report Designer from a stored procedure that uses dynamic SQL. I've had success with non-dynamic stored procedures and inline queries, but am unable to generate fields when the sp contains dynamic SQL. I've tried defining the fields manually, but when I execute the report I receive errors that the fields are undefined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

You must use the generic query designer to write a query expression. Also, if you use an expression for a query, Report Designer cannot automatically derive fields and parameters from the query. You must manually define all of the fields that the query is expected to return. You must also manually define report and query parameters. One way to simplify this process is to write a normal query that returns the same fields and uses the same parameters that the query expression does. ......

For more information look at Reporting Services BOL under the title 'Using Dynamic Queries'

Thanks, Joe. Will look into it.