Angry Unanswered: C++ Weird compiler error -> Use Accelerator Keys with Modal Dialog Box Main Window

Hi,

i tried to add an accelerator for my application. So i can hit virtual keys for example F8 that the whole application shut down. I've encountered first a problem that is was not easily possible to do that. So i find an articel at the following website of microsoft

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q100770

i did exactly like it said only

point 12 iam not sure about it. Dunno where exactly to add the code line. I added it into the construktor of the main derived CWinApp class .

point 14 iam not sure about it. Dunno where exactly to add the code line. I added it into the construktor of the main derived CDialog class.

I've compiled after every point. Then iam getting the following errors after i did the following point 12

ERROR
    Kasse fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
    Kasse error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct HWND__ * ghDlg" (?ghDlg@@3PAUHWND__@@A)
    Kasse error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct HWND__ * ghDlg" (?ghDlg@@3PAUHWND__@@A)
    Kasse error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "struct HACCEL__ * ghAccelTable" (?ghAccelTable@@3PAUHACCEL__@@A)

Can anyone help me please
    Indian

Provided Answers: 54
    Point #12 is referring to the file level global declarations. These are done after any #include directives, but before the first function declaration.

Point #14 refers to the function you created in step #8 and modified in step #9.

-PatP

great thx.... point 12 was my problem

Thank you