Unanswered: How to paint SQL?

Ok, I'm from the whimpy Access school and I use the query tool to create my sql that I can then copy and paste into my ASP code. I'm just getting started in SQL Server 7 and want to create some SQL, I'm using the Query Analyzer, however I'm having to key everything in by hand while switching back and forth from the Enterprise Manager to the Query Analyzer to get correct table and field names. Surly there's an easier way, can someone inform me of how to create SQL quickly in SQL Server 7?

Thanks
    dog

Talking In

In enterprose Manager If you Right click on a table and click open then Query , it will open up a similar tool as in access (not that great ) but then it i not small as Access

Wink How to paint

Bring up the Object browser and drill down. Onc you do that you can drag and drop your code. You might need to type select or the where clause but everything else you can drag and drop. CAN YOU SAY GUI At least that;s how it is with 2000

If dognation uses 7.0 then there is no Obbject Browser in QA, it came in with 2K.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Quote Originally Posted by aashu
    In enterprose Manager If you Right click on a table and click open then Query , it will open up a similar tool as in access (not that great ) but then it i not small as Access
    oh yea aashu, this is great. thanks much

Provided Answers: 1
    Be careful with this. In Query Analyzer SELECT statements output snapshots of the data, but with the Enterprise Manager you are dynamically linked into the tables and can accidently edit or delete records just like on a spreadsheet.

I encourage you to build your queries using the Enterprise Manager tool, but then copy the SQL it creates and paste it into Query Analyzer for editing and refining. Using the EM tool alone may become a crutch, and may prevent you from becoming proficient at SQL coding.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com