Unanswered: Open one DB from another

pardon me if my question is a repeat, but I can't seem to get the dBforums search engine to work, anyway...

I would like to open a second database from a first (closing the first in the process). Goal is to do version checking before opening the primary Frontend. Would like to do it in the VBA of a startup form.
    Can't seem to find any references to this concept.
    Any ideas?
    thanks,
    Winston

hi

Version Property
    Returns a String indicating the version number of the currently installed copy of Microsoft Access. Read-only.

expression.Version

expression Required. An expression that returns one of the objects in the Applies To list.

dimitris

Open one db from another

Thanks but that wasn't my goal. I wanted to check the version of the frontend of my software against a setting in the backend db and if different then update the frontend by copying a new mde into place. The best way I saw to do this was by checking from another small frontend mde and when done going on and opening my larger frontend mde. Had nothing to do with Access versions. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but thank anyway. Anyone know how to open a db from another db within vba?
    Winston

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Thanks but that wasn't my goal. I wanted to check the version of the frontend of my software against a setting in the backend db and if different then update the frontend by copying a new mde into place. The best way I saw to do this was by checking from another small frontend mde and when done going on and opening my larger frontend mde. Had nothing to do with Access versions. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but thank anyway. Anyone know how to open a db from another db within vba?
    Winston
    Yes. ADO or DAO? Plenty of examples of both here in this forum ... Try searching.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...