Question Unanswered: Needs urgent help sql 2000+replication+error no 20598

Hi,

I am getting an error while replicating the sql 2000 database.
    The error no is 20598...It stopped replicating the database...

Can any body tell me what is this pls....

Tks in advance...

Joyce

If you provide the answers for the following questions, it will be easier for others to help you.

What kind of replication are you using?

Which service pack has been installed?

sql error

Quote Originally Posted by pcsql
    If you provide the answers for the following questions, it will be easier for others to help you.

What kind of replication are you using?

Which service pack has been installed?
    I am using Transactional replication

Exclamation SQL 2K Replication

Hey, I came up with the link at Microsoft support:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...&srchExtraQry=

Nothing at lazydba, Looks like it's a service pack issue. I'd check with the network group before continueing.

Angry replication

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, We can solve this. Let's do the damn thing.

sp_scriptdynamicupdproc is used in transactional replication. The default MCALL scripting logic includes all columns within the UPDATE statement and uses a bitmap to determine the columns that have changed. If a column did not change, the column is set back to itself, which usually causes no problems. If the column is indexed, extra processing occurs. By contrast, this stored procedure uses a dynamic approach: it includes only the columns that have changed, which provides an optimal UPDATE string. However, extra processing is incurred at run time when the dynamic UPDATE statement is built. It is recommended that you test both the dynamic stored procedure approach and the static default approach, and then choose the optimal solution for your particular needs.

if @@rowcount = 0
    if @@microsoftversion>0x07320000
    exec sp_MSreplraiserror 20598

Thumbs down sql 2000+replication

Quote Originally Posted by garrydawkins
    Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, We can solve this. Let's do the damn thing.

sp_scriptdynamicupdproc is used in transactional replication. The default MCALL scripting logic includes all columns within the UPDATE statement and uses a bitmap to determine the columns that have changed. If a column did not change, the column is set back to itself, which usually causes no problems. If the column is indexed, extra processing occurs. By contrast, this stored procedure uses a dynamic approach: it includes only the columns that have changed, which provides an optimal UPDATE string. However, extra processing is incurred at run time when the dynamic UPDATE statement is built. It is recommended that you test both the dynamic stored procedure approach and the static default approach, and then choose the optimal solution for your particular needs.

if @@rowcount = 0
    if @@microsoftversion>0x07320000
    exec sp_MSreplraiserror 20598

Hi,

My replication was working fine without any problem. But suddenly the error came (erro numbar 20598).
    My replication is transactional replication..
    Any body knows this pls.help...