Unanswered: Not able to See databse in OEM Console
I have a node D1 (windows-xp) running Oracle9i R-2 Database instance (TESTDB) & also Oracle Managerment Server and its Repository database (OEMREP) is configured and running on the same node D1. That is, the node D1 is running two DB instance TESTDB & OEMREP and listening at the same port 1521.
I have another client machine D2 (windows-xp) and from here i am able to connect to OEM console using Oracle Management Server (of D1) with a/c sysman & password. This is OK & connected.
NOTE: From my client desktop D2, i am able to connect to DB Instance TESTDB & OEMREP (running at D1) both via SQL*PLUS. That is, valid entry of service names are already configured & update in TNSNAMES.ORA of client machine Oracle Home.
When i discover the node D1 and enters the node D1 and start searching it from my client machine in OEM console, it finds only OEMREP target database (the repository database) but does not able to locate another database TESTDB.
How can i configure to add my TESTDB database in my OEM Console. Please note that when i launch my OEM console in standalone mode then i am able to add & see my TESTDB instance. But, when OEM console is opened via OMS, this TESTDB is no more visible there...
What is missing in my configuration / installation. Please help.
I do not have access to my 9.2 repository but in 8i it is under the navigator
discover nodes then you put in the list of nodes (machine names) you want discovered (agent must be running to be automatically detected) if all is well it will register and add the databases to your tree. If it is unable to find the agent it will allow you to manually register the database.
Thanks a lot for ur suggestion. In fact i am doing the same way. I tried yesterday by mamking a test case. This goes like this:
1. Created a New Oracle9.2 R-2 Database "KRDB" on a separate machine. After installing a fresh WIN-2000 OS.
2. Using EMCA, i configured the repository in the same database "KRDB" and opted to have a separate tablespace OEM_REPOSITORY to hold Repository information / objects in the same database "KRDB". Earlier i used to create a separate database OEMREP for repository information.
3. The Oracle<Oracle_Home>Agent is running on this machine & Oracle<Oracle_Home>Management Server is also up & running on this node.
4. On the server itself, i launched OEM console & looged in OMS after adding the node (for the first time...initially). The credential were given as original one i.e. Username -> SYSMAN & Password -> oem_temp and changed the password immediately thereafter as suggested by oracle.
5. After successful login, i could not see the database "KRDB". I can only see the HTTP Server tab as running on the OMS node.
6. I then stopped the HTTP Service. Logged in again in OMS using SYSMAN and then discover the node again using navigator | Discover node. It discovered the node automatically & was successful. But again, i could not see the database "KRDB" in object navigator tab.
I thought there was some problem with my earlier database / OMS, & that's why i configured a separate machine & installed the oracle database. And configured OMS for which Repository is being kept in the same Target database. But, still this has not solved my issue.
Seems, i am missing something during setup. Might be some small point. It s just for ur information about my case & request u to pls. help me if possible.
Humm...That was tried yeserday..i had added the DB which is to be serviced by this listener in listener.oar. But, i was not getting through. The reason being that my snmp_ro, smnp_rw and services.ora file was not getting properly populated and that was the reason i was not able to dicover the database even though i was well able to discover my node of OMS. I tried in-depth with the EM Documentation and able to understand the process as how Intelligent Agent functions.
After adding my DB service name in listner.ora and properly updating the TNSMANES.ORA file this DB service, i then STOPPED & STARTED my Intelligent Agent Service. It then did what i wanted and populated my services.ora file which is acually in fact u sed while node is being discovered along-with snmp_ro & snmp_rw file. So, i am able to get through to this and in the process learnt so many new concepts.
Thanks all for helping me in this issues with your lind inputs & suggestions.