Unanswered: Loading log4j into Oracle

Hi all,

Sorry for cross-posting but I was not lucky on the Oracle newsgroup. We want to use log4j as a logging tool in a java stored procedure. To achieve this, log4j jar needs to be loaded into Oracle. We are using log4j-1.2.8.jar and we are trying to load it into Oracle 9.2.0 on a Solaris 8 server. The command is used as follows: loadjava -verbose -resolve -user "user/passwd" log4j-1.2.8.jar. When loading the jar, we have the ORA-29534 error code stating that some classes could not be resolved (for instance DOMConfigurator class) even if this class is in the log4j-1.2.8.jar.

Has anyone tried to load log4j into Oracle. Did you run into the same problem and how did you resolve it? Is there anything wrong we are doing?

Thanks for your help,
    Hanan

Quote Originally Posted by Hanan
    Hi all,

command is used as follows: loadjava -verbose -resolve -user "user/passwd" log4j-1.2.8.jar. When loading the jar, we have the ORA-29534 error code
    I know this is an old post, but it is a common problem, so for your reference. I have this working, but it has some issues (not every call flushes the buffer or something, it is intermittent). Also, an important thing is Oracle launches different DB sessions in a different JVM context, so static variables in Java could be different. This makes NO SENSE to me, and it breaks a lot of common paradigms like logging. What this means specifically is you need to give your log-files a unique name since you will get lots of log files (one per JVM context). This is the command I used to get it loaded (sub SCHEMA and PASS accordingly):

loadjava -user SCHEMA/PASS -verbose -resolver "((* SCHEMA) (* public) (* -))" -force -resolve -genmissing log4j.jar

Also, I cant get the Java SSL jars into oracle, and no JDBC drivers...

Chris

how to use log4j?

I'm a java beginner..But i must use some method to log some event which the program generated..A friend tell me to use "log4j"..But i didn't any thing about it..Anyone can give me a sample or tutorial??

NO ONE TO REPLY??..tOO BAD..