Unanswered: How to display the relationships?

Hello, everyone:

I have attached a new database from customer, and wanted to check the existing relationships. How to display these relationships? Thanks.

ZYT

Provided Answers: 1
    In Enterprise Manager, you can open up your database and go to the Diagrams folder to create a database diagram. If you add tables to your diagram, any established relationships between the tables will be shown on you diagram, though it will not show logical relationships were a foreign key has not been established.

Also, be aware that modifications you make to tables or relationships in this diagram can make schematic changes to your database. As an example, if a table is cluttering up your diagram, make sure that you "Remove" it from the diagram, because it you "Delete" it, it will actually be dropped from your database.

Don't be surprised if there are NO enforced relationships in the databases. Unfortunately, that seems to be the typical case.
    Last edited by blindman; 05-11-04 at 10:31.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    In Enterprise Manager, you can open up your database and go to the Diagrams folder to create a database diagram. If you add tables to your diagram, any established relationships between the tables will be shown on you diagram, though it will not show logical relationships were a foreign key has not been established.
    I really need to spend more time with the GUI tools. I was vaguely aware that this could be done, but I just review the scripts in most cases. When the going gets really tough, I break out the "big gun" and use ErWin.

Quote Originally Posted by blindman
    Don't be surprised if there are NO enforced relationships in the databases. Unfortunately, that seems to be the typical case.
    Amen to that!

-PatP