Unanswered: Problem running dbase windows under XP

I'm trying to get dbase windows 5.0 to run under XPpro but I get an error message like

Insufficient resources or invalid driver name Winspool

I've been able to run 5.0 under every other version of windows and this is the first time I've had problems. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

visual dbase 5.7 winspool error

i have recently had the same problem. I have visual dbase 5.7 running under windows xp home and it loads find. i tried to put 5.7 on my laptop also running windows xp home and when dbase tries to load, it gives the same winspool error as is described by the previous post. any suggestions from anybody?

Angry Visual dBase 7 Won't Run Under XP Pro

I also had this problem when running XP Pro with 512M RAM. XP reported vdb.exe error.
    After an hour or two searching the net, I read one posting that Visual dB 7.0 or 7.01 is limited to 256M. The poster reported that version 7.5 solved this bug.
    I can't reduce my memory to less than 256M to confirm this fix because I only have a 512M chip.
    My Visual dB 7.0 works fine on my W98SE machine with 128M RAM.

Check out:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...c_str_masc.asp

You probably need to run up XP with memory restricted to 256MB or less. In case the above link does not work, you need to modify your boot.ini file to use the maxmem option.