Unanswered: creating a form in excel

I attempted to set up a "database" using excel a while ago, before finding this forum, but gave up because I could find no way to set up a data entry form within excel that would fill an excel table.

So I punted and moved on to MS Access and have had some experience with VBA programming within Access to customize the applications. Now I have a very simple application where the client specifically does not want to implement MS Access.

So, it appears that you all are using excel as a database. How do I get started? I've searched excel's help but didn't find anything to point me in the right direction on how to set up a data entry form.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Fort Worth, Texas, USA
    Does your client just hate Access, or doesn't want to pay for it? If you have MS Office Developer, you can create Access projects and include/distribute the Access runtime engine without cost.

If you must go with Excel, start by pressing Alt+F11. From the menu, choose Insert, UserForm. Use the toolbar to add controls. Double-click your controls to assing event code.

Good Luck