Unanswered: help in populating form fields

HI!

I have Table A WITH SOME FIELDS(Id,Name,address,...) i have a smaller table Table B withlesser fields then Table A but some are common fields i want to create a form with table B where in if i enter the id in the form the remaining fields in the form should get populated from the data in Table A for taht ID any help in this matter is appreciated.
    thanks
    srinivas

for the present senario I think you should try normalized your table structure as if the fields are common and would contain same data then why bothering transfering that data back and forth. why not just link them properly and have them displayed via query on the form?

- Saqib

Hi somanchivasu,

Without seeing your tables it's a bit hard to guide you to your answer. Zip/Attach your tables here to receive good concise help.
    For starters, without seeing, as Saqib mentioned you need to Normalize your tables. Look at how you have it structured, then redesign it. What you are wanting it to Auto-Fill certain fields which you do after setting up proper tables with a One-To-Many link.
    Table1 - PersonID, FName, LName, Address, Phone
    Table2 - PositionID, PersonID, Title, Shift..............

You then create a Query with the two tables, including the PositionID, PersonID (inside Table2=ForeignKey), FName, LName, Title, Shift and so on and so on.

When you link your tables you set up Referential Integrity also. Link in the Relationships window....Table1 is the Primary table (The One-Side), Table2 is the SecondaryTable (The Many Side). Meaning One person can have Several positions. That's it for now, gotta run but will check back later on. See if you at least have your foundation set first.

have a nice one,
    Bud

thanks

hi!

thanks for the solutions i will check it out.

thanks