Unanswered: diable auto save in database form

hi,

i have create a form which contain a table using database. i can change the data inside the table as i like as it would be upated each time i exit the form, but the problem is i dun want it to be upated automatically because there are chances that i may accidentally changes the information without my notice.

note: a form always attach a ado bar.. so u can manipulate any record n saved

so what i asking is how could i disable the auto save and replace with a save button so that the data would be save only after clicking the save button.

thank you.

Provided Answers: 1
    You mean you use a bounded Form ok? Do you enabled your navigation bar? The data will not be saved untill you move to the next or previous record.

ya, that 's what i don't want. how can i disable the auto save which would saved when records goes to the previous or the next record?

Disable the navigation bar on your Form and make a button to save, in its on Click you go to the next record

hi,
    i can't find the navigation bar, can u tell me where i can find it? note that i'm using Microsoft Access

i found the navigation bar, but the changes is still saved when i exit the form even the navigation bar is disable.

Quote Originally Posted by blur_ivy
    i found the navigation bar, but the changes is still saved when i exit the form even the navigation bar is disable.
    Use the Before Insert event of your Form
    PHP Code:
      Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer)
        If 
    MsgBox("Add Record?"vbOKCancel) = vbCancel Then
            Cancel 
    True
        End 
    If

End Sub