Talking Unanswered: Upgrading Access, Need Advice.

Hi I have been put in charge of upgrading the version of access that my company uses, however the whole administration withine my company is a pain the in the arse, So i was hoping I could get some advice from someone who had done something similer so if I don't add any complication to the whole process.

The things I am most worried about are: (excuss my nieveity, I haven't done anything like this before)

1. How do you go about working out the licening do you need it per person, or is it set for the company.

2. When upgrading will I need to only do it on the server version of the database (that everyone calls using a shortcut) or will I need to install it on every computer.

And if anyone could fill us in on any other issue I may not have considered please do.

Thanks for the help, Ed

Provided Answers: 1
    1. There are all sorts of bizarre licensing schemes available depending on how you want to go about it. One of my favorite little-known secrets is the MS Action Pack. If you sign up as a Microsoft partner, you can get approx. $15k worth of software/licenses for $300.

2. You will need licenses for each client. Again, there are a few different ways to cover those depending on your individual situation. However, you cannot simply upgrade the server version, as your clients will not be able to load anything published on that server.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***