Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: SQL Exam 70-228, need to re-take

well i took it and failed,

the test centre i went to in the UK had a pass mark for SQL Administration 70-228 of 70% out of 100%

does anyone know if this is a usual pass barrier or do some other UK testing centre's offer lower pass marks, and where to find them?

Provided Answers: 54
    As far as I know, the exams have a uniform "pass level" world-wide. I don't think that you'll find any test center where you can pass more easily than any other.

-PatP

Cool sql exam

Dont feel bad, If anything I've learned is that the database industry is differenct in most area and testing doe'nt mean a thing. I've been a dba since 92 with both oracle and sql server as a consultant. I solve problem and and I did'nt see any plane dropping out the sky in the US during the late 90s.(Federal Aviation Administration(Air Traffice Services Administrator)). Check the web, its a number of practice test you can use before taking it again.

I have to agree with Pat. I took the exam here in Belgium and the score to pass is 70%.
    Johan

did you pass it in the end Jora?

yes, passed both 228 and 229 in one time.
    Johan

brilliant news, how long did you devote to revising 70-228 ?

I am also thinking about taking the certification exams (not bcoz I want to, but coz my boss is putting a lot of pressure on me to get a cert). Which exams should i be taking ???
    Get yourself a copy of the The Holy Book

order has no physical Brett in The meaning of a Kaiser . -database data

Well, it took me about 3 months to from start until exam. I work as developer and dba so I had a basic knowledge of SQL Server. I used a book from the dummies series (don't know if it still exists) and the Books Online to find the stuff that I didn't know and I bought the Selftest exam for 70-228 and that's all.

If you want to get the mcdba certification, take a look at http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...quirements.asp
    Johan

Exam 70019,70-229, 70-228 seem fine ...

What I am worried about is the Core Exams: Networking Systems (1 required) ...

Which out of the three is easiest to study for & pass ???

I chose the 70-215 and I'm almost ready studying. This took me some more time to get to know, because I'm not the network admin so there were some more holes in my knowledge. The main reason for choosing this one, is that our company does not use Windows 2003 Server yet, so it seemed logical to study for something you can practise. Furthermore, I found the parts about monitoring performance quite straight forward as it is also a part of the 228 exam.
    Johan

Do let me know about the 70-215 once you are done with it ... i think i will start with 70-229 , then 70-228 and then 70-019 ....

Do we get certificates on passing each exam too ???

Passing your first exam makes you a microsoft certified professional (mcp). There are some priviliges to that, but that's all. And by the way, the 70-019 exam is scheduled to be discontinued after june 30.
    Johan

Do you mean to say that I should take the 70-019 first ???

no, don't take it all. Why choose a SQL 7 exam for your SQL 2K certification and knowing SQL 2K5 is (supposed to be) on it's way. I'll take one of the .net exams to prepare for the new features in SQK 2005.
    Johan