Thread: on mouse move

Unanswered: on mouse move

I have a theatre seating chart that shows each seat as a separate label. I plan to set the color of the label depending if it is "not taken", or if a student/senior/adult has taken the seat.
    I HAD planned on having two forms - 1 displaying the seating chart and another that displays the persons information if the seat is "taken".
    Is there a way to have the info on the personal data form update as the mouse moves across the seating chart? Right now I have the "on mouse move" event trigger a macro that opens the personal data form, but I cannot get the focus to go back to the seating chart.
    I am only interested in having the info be displayed. If the user wants to modify the data, they have to double click the seat.
    Thank you
    - jc -

If the information you want to display about the seating is slite (a few small lines) then you can eliminate the need of a second form to display which indicates who is in the seat. Simply continue using the MouseMove event but as the mouse moves over the specific seat, poll the table for the information to display and have it applied to the ControlTipText property of the label.

Me.myLabelName.ControlTipText = whatever

Have your information Form open if a given Label is Double-Clicked to that seating info can be applied to the table for that particular seat.

Thumbs up

Thank you. That will do great...is there a way to decrease the wait time that occurs before the ControlTipText is displayed and is there a way to break up the ControlTipsText into several lines?

I'm afraid that at this point I do not have an answer as to how to speed up the tip display. As for applying several lines to the ControlTipText....sure. Use the vbNewLine constant where you would like a new line to begin. For example:

Code:

Me.myLabelName.ControlTipText = "I Live Here..." & _
    vbNewLine & "And Here..." & vbNewLine & "And Then there..."
    It's not necessary to use the tip system....if you like....use the Access Status Bar or create a pane and display the information there.

Thank you ...you have been a great help. I have this reservation system set up in an Excel spreadsheet with option buttons and macros, and I "thought" it would be more bulletproof and easier to use by putting into Access. It looks like this is going to be tougher than I thought...
    Thanks again