Hi, how can I take a table in my Windows NT 4 UDB 7.2.4 database and transfer it to my exact same table on my database running on S/390 v7.1?
In other words, how can take a table from a PC environment and transfer it to the mainframe side which the mainframe side would understand the PC format? Any examples of files or JCLs would be appreciated.
Sorry for the confusion.
I went back to see how we have it running and I will list all the steps.
This is going form udb on nt to db2 on z/os.
1) we use QMF for windows to do the extract to a flat file. scheduled as qmf batch.
2) we save one copy as a csv and one copy as a txt.
3) the csv copy goes to our backup udb on nt.
4) the txt file is ftp to the mainframe
5) standard os/390 load utility is used.
I am currently converting this process to the warehouse manager. makes it a lot easier.
So I'm better off to continue the way that I operate.
I use Microsoft Quickwin version 3.00 which has spufiwin version 2.00 from IBM integrated to extract my data from the DB2 UDB v7.2.4 to a flat file and from their I FTP the file to the mainframe. From their I can just run a simple load. I want to get rid of Spufiwin since it's dated back 1994 and I wanted to use something more efficient.