Cool Unanswered: loading GDIplus.dll in VBA

I need a means of printing multipage .tiff files from a VBA procedure in my Access 2000 database. I googled and found a library called GDIplus.dll which people seem to use for .tif picture files.

From the Access VBA environment, I go to Tools/References then Browse for GDIplus.dll in windows\system32. But I get a "Can't add a reference to the specified file" error.

I have used a few of the object libraries that are in the "Available References" list but never tried to add one. Any instruction would be appreciated (or if anyone can suggest a means other than GDIplus.dll).

Thanks.

GDIplus is a API library unit and consists of several callable functions which are used to carry out specific graphical tasks.

To set up GDIplus into your application you will need to Declare the library function within a main database code module. For example:

Public Declare Function GdiplusStartup Lib "gdiplus.dll" .......blah, blah, blah
    Public Declare Function GdiplusShutdown Lib "gdiplus.dll" .......blah, blah, blah
    Public Declare Function GetImageDecoders Lib "gdiplus.dll" .......blah, blah, blah
    etc., etc., etc.

Pertinent constants will also need to be applied to the code module for these functions to work properly. You have some real experimenting fun ahead of you....

See:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../Functions.asp

for more information.