Unanswered: [help] SQL Error - I/O Error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified)

Windows 2000 Server SP4 + SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Editon SP3,RAID5.

the windows event log give the following error information:

I/O error 2(The system cannot find the file specified) detected during write at offset 0x0000010c6c4000 in file 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\GJSZBANK_Data.MDF'.

I have searched microsoft knowledge base and got this article:;EN-US;828339

but don't understand some contents in the topic:

For example, if you encounter the following error message in the SQL Server Errorlog file, SQL Server encountered operating system error 2 when it uses a Windows API call to write to the tempdb primary database file:

Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 4
    I/O error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) detected during write at offset 0x00000000284000 in file 'D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\tempdb.mdf'

Because SQL Server has already successfully opened the file and did not receive an “Invalid Handle” error, the error is likely being raised in a lower-level kernel software component, such as the file system or a device driver. This problem does not indicate a problem in SQL Server, and it must be investigated as an issue with the file system or a device driver that is associated with the file.

Does that mean this is not a SQL Server error?
    Does that mean something wrong with my operating system? or something wrong with my hard disk?
    Last edited by microboy; 05-13-04 at 10:56.

Provided Answers: 11
    Are there any errors in the SQL errorlog? Or is it only in the NT Event log?