Unanswered: DoCmd.OpenForm - getting type mismatch error

After two days of searching and trying different approaches, I am seeking the community’s help.

I am trying to open a form from another form and filter the displayed results based on a numeric and a text field. I keep getting a “Type mismatch” error. If I only use one of the fields (the numeric or text), the function works. If I use both, I get the error message.

The offending line is:
    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmName", , , "FieldNumeric = " & Me.FieldNumeric And "FieldText = '" & Me.FieldText & "'"

The FieldNumeric and FieldText are on both the frmName and the form I am calling the DoCmd.OpenForm from.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your input.

One Flump in One Place
    Hello there

Your database may find the below more palatable:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmName", , , "FieldNumeric = " & Me.FieldNumeric & " And FieldText = '" & Me.FieldText & "'"

(changed/ added stuff in red)
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Préverenges, Switzerland
    far as i recall, you can't address "frmName" until it is open.

solution that works (and that i prefer to use cos it lets me pass objects as well as string values):

in frmName, make a
    public sub initFrmName(param1 as string, param2 as integer)
    FieldNumeric = param2
    FieldString = param1
    then, immediately after docmd.openform "frmName" in the calling form,
    call forms!frmName.initFrmName(fieldText, fieldNumeric)

solution that might work (but i didn't try):
    immediately after docmd.openform but on new lines (i.e. after the form is open)
    forms!frmName.FieldNumeric = Me.FieldNumeric

solution that does work (but i don't like cos everything becomes a string):
    pass your values as string openargs.
    the _Load() of frmName can then parse openargs (e.g. separated by commas) and do the setup from there.

choices choices, izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Thank you both for your most timely assistance.

Pootle Flump: I made the changes and and and …. it worked!!! I have even added 2 more fields and the resultant form output works correctly. That & thingy has many uses.

IzyRider: I will be able to use your idea where I have to pass a couple of objects. Great.

Pootle Flump and IzyRider, thanks again for sharing your knowledge in this sometimes arcane world of VBA. I have immortalized your thoughts on 20 lb paper and have place the page in my binder O’ documentation and enlightenment.