Question Unanswered: PLS HELP!!!!! Desperately need advice.

I am a student working on a database for a company. We have a primary office (let's call this one X) which has an Access 2002 database. This office has a server that's not hooked up to the internet or any other computers outside of the office. There are a few external sites (A, B, C) which are away from site X that uses laptops and tablet PCs which has the same Access 2002 database. I'm not sure how to synchronize the data collected from A, B, and C at the end of the the day. The laptops are to be brought back if needed to synchronize to the main database. PLS HELP ME. I'm desperately running out of time. thanks in advance.
    Last edited by patv; 05-13-04 at 14:49. Reason: .

That can be a very complicated task. However, Access does have the Replication feature that will help you. When you replicate a database Access adds tables and fields that keep track of records that need to be update/added/deleted and it also helps sort out conflicts. If two people edit the same record, who's change is saved, etc. I suggest that you look into replicating the database, but my experience is that the topic is not documented very well.

What I learned was from a book, and the only reason I learned it is to get my certification.

good point. i never thought of that. but what if i were to restrict changes on those other locations and just concentrate on adding records. How would i go about doing that? thanks in advance!