Unanswered: ASP Connection Error

Hi there,

I need help with ASP connection.I just formatted my pc and have to install everything again.I install IIS and now i cant even connect to localhost.I'm using window XP.
    It come out HTTP 500 - Internal server error...............
    What does that mean.
    after i untick
    Show friendly HTTP error messages in the Internet Option
    the error which is display

Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

can some body help me.
    thanx
    Last edited by michaelfg81; 05-13-04 at 22:21.

Well, your connection is fine, ASP is just telling you that there was an error executing the page you're requesting. I assume this page worked properly before? First try loading up a simple HTML (not with a .asp extension), see if that works. Then an ASP page with no ASP code in it (just HTML). See if just a plain HTML file run through the ASP compiler causes the error. If not, then there's a probability that your code has some error or corruption in it.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

thanx...............i think it work like u said.............
    but some how i'm a bit puzzle to why my all my file in a particular folder in wwwroot cant work like usual already as i didn't change a thing to it.before this it works like normal.Can u pls explain a bit to me.
    thanx
    when i run the page................it dun come out any errors but instead..........
    it run the page till it wont stop.......................it come out run time error

I've got a few more questions for you...

Are all of the ASP pages causing problems? Do any of these connect to a DB? If so, is that DB still available? Does the DB require a DSN to be setup on the computer?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.