Exclamation About the "Who's online" page

For curious users, fyi
    - if you stay in the Who's online overview (QuickLinks), and then go to another part of the site in either a different window (Internet Explorer) or in a different tab (Mozilla), your location is almost instantly updated in the listing. Have to refresh that overview to see it, of course. )

Too detailed?
    I am not certain if it is a good thing that the listing actually displays every page a user goes to, if one bother to refresh that view every few seconds...: A "privacy concern" comes to mind - it does actually inform about which threads is being viewed by whom, and if someone is "creating a new thread".
    But the practical issue is perhaps more important. I want to know what forum a person is in, that is mostly useful, mostly what I would "need". But depending on the topic of the viewed/edited posting, it could be difficult/impossible to know which forum is being visited.

Comments, please - anyone?

Daniel
    Last edited by kedaniel; 05-14-04 at 05:34.

Arrow Changed my original posting

In my original posting I thought the Index did not include the Microsoft Access forum. Now I see that it does, so I removed that part of my posting immediately after posting it, as I discovered it right away. Don't know why my first checks did not display that one. Even tried with myself in different forums, both with IE and Mozilla. Oh well.

So I removed this part: (ie. irrelevent/not "true")

"It seems that the Access forum is not "set" to update the index for where on the site a user is. When I check Who's online from the QuickLinks menu, it seems that for all people that is either on the main dbforums forum listing page (who stays there "forever"?), I only get information about that they are on that main page. If a person goes to the Oracle, PHP forum or other, then the listing correctly displays that. But not for the Access forum."

D.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by kedaniel
    In my original posting I thought the Index did not include the Microsoft Access forum. Now I see that it does, so I removed that part of my posting immediately after posting it, as I discovered it right away. Don't know why my first checks did not display that one. Even tried with myself in different forums, both with IE and Mozilla.
    Hm. Not so sure it works, actually.
    Perhaps it is working ok for IE, haven't re-checked that one as I am using Mozilla Firefox 0.8 . (superb! )

D.