Unanswered: problem while accessing CLOB data type column

Hi,

I have Database server DB2/6000 7.2.8, i am using command line processor for DB2 SDK 8.1.0

I have LOGFILE column with data type CLOB. When i try to execute the following command in the command line processor it's giving the following error

db2 => SELECT LOGFILE FROM DB2ADMIN.PAYLOADLOG WHERE TSTAMP='2004-04-09-10.04.46.371000'
    SQL0351N An unsupported SQLTYPE was encountered in position "1" of the output SQLDA (select list). SQLSTATE=56084

I appreciate ur help.

Thanks
    Last edited by manth; 05-14-04 at 10:27.

Provided Answers: 1
    Most likely, it is version incompatibility. Try using CLP v. 7.2

Unhappy

may be it could be version problem. I was not able to execute this query through Java applicaion also.I am using "db2java.zip" file of the same server version and using app Driver called COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver.
    I don't understand why it's not getting executed with Java application atleast?

Thanks
    Last edited by manth; 05-17-04 at 11:19.

LOBs are not supported when accessing V7 server from V8 clients ..

This is clearly documented in the IBM Manuals

Cheers
    sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I agree that LOBs can not be selected from v8 client accessing V7 server. Do you have any clue that how come the query is not getting executed from Java application though my db2java.zip is V7?
    Last edited by manth; 05-17-04 at 14:52.

Are you using db2java.zip of V7 whilst on a V8 client ? JDBC Types 1 through 3 use parts of db2 client code other than those in db2java.zip ... I have seen errors even when db2java.zip is on a different fixlevel than the rest of the code ...

If you are using V7 client and still facing the problem, I would suggest a CLI and JDBC Trace ...

HTH

sathyaraam
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Still in my machine i have V8.1 client is installed. But i put db2java.zip of V7 in my classpath of the application server. I guess it should work as long as i have right version db2java.zip file in the classpath. but it's not working. What i suppose to do?

My understanding is, as said in my previous post, your JDBC Connection (type 1, type 2 and type 3) use db2java.zip + other client components ...

It is always a recommended practive to use db2java.zip in the db2's installation directory only ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    I guess it should work as long as i have right version db2java.zip file in the classpath. but it's not working.

I agree with the Satyaram's statement

Thanks
    LOBs are not supported when accessing V7 server from V8 clients ..
    This is clearly documented in the IBM Manuals