Unanswered: How to prevent displaying all names of databases?
I get an issue, that is: Once i expand databases from SQL Enterprise Manager, it takes a long time to wait displaying all names of databases. How should i do to prevent displaying all names of databases?
Sure. I'm not going into step-by-step details, but I can also do that if you'd like.
1) Create a new SQL login.
2) Give it access to only 3 or 4 databases.
3) Open SQL Enterprise Manager
4) Find the server of interest
5) Right click on the server name
6) Select 'Edit the SQL Server Registration Properties' from the popup menu
7) Change the login and password
When you connect to the server, SQL-DMO will only enumerate the databases your new login can use.
If you make separate logins for each client, and only give those logins access to the databases that you want them to see, then those databases (plus a few system databases like master and msdb) are all that those logins will see.
Well I'll be jiggered! You are right, the logins can see databases that they aren't authorized to access. I'll have to find out why that changed, but that's the only way I knew to limit the databases displayed.