Unanswered: Damaged Access2000 mdb file

I have come accross some sort of bug in Access2000 whereby if you try to copy and paste an object, such as a report, then specify the new name, Access thinks the same object exists twice. It then prompts you with an error, the object will not have successfully been pasted, but there will be a class module in VB with the name of the object you just tried to paste. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete this class module. Attempts to import all objects into a new mdb file result in all code becoming corrupted with VB reporting: error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.

This has happened to me on several occasions now with several different mdb files. Has anyone else come accross this, and if so, do you know how I can make the file stable again? Compact & Repair has no effect.

In addition, attempts to delete the objects does not cause the deletion of the associated VB modules.

repair mdb file

Hi,

Here are some Access database recovery tools that may be able to repair your Access database file. Below is a list of them:

http://www.datanumen.com/aar/compare.htm

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

Alan