Thread: Tabs on tabs?

Unanswered: Tabs on tabs?

I'm trying to use tabs to develop a administrator form for a project I am working on. I want to use tabs and I also want to add tabs on another tab. I hope you understand what I mean. It doesn't work for me! The problem i that the subtab i s visible on all other tabs too. It works fine with all other controls except the Tabcontrol. Is there any workaround?

System | Webshop | | <- main tab
    |Company | Other | <- sub tab
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |
    | |

Sincerly, Richard

There is a simple method you can use to carry out the task you seek. It's not romantic but it does the trick and no one is the wiser.

To begin with, place a Tab control onto a Form. Name it TabCtl0. Format the Tab control so that there three tabs. Now Place another Tab control on top of the existing Tab Control (TabCtl0). Name this new Tab Control, TabCtl1. Go to the Format menu and select Bring To Front.

Now, set the On Change event property for TabCtl0 to Event Procedure. Open a code window and paste the following code into the On Change event:
      If Me.TabCtl0.Value = 1 Then
    	Me.TabCtl1.Visible = True
    	Me.TabCtl1.Visible = False
      End If
    We are simply hiding the second Tab Control until we select the required tab of the first Tab Control. In this example, selecting the second tab of TabCtl0 (page 2) will display (make visible) the second Tab Control (TabCtl1). Selecting any other tab on TabCtl0 will make TabCtl1 disappear (not visible).

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    It sounds like you haven't properly embedded the second tab within the primary tab control. Ensure that you have indeed EMBEDDED the second tab control, as opposed to simply placing it on top of the first control.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***