Thread: help?

Unanswered: help?

I have following fields ,which I wont put in the tables ,but I an not sure is it right way, so if anyone could hell me or give any suggestion.

The database has to keep track of parts associated with different products
    for a different customers ,the parts we have avaible in our inventory and the parts we have ordered.

Customer ID, Customer Name, Product ID, Product Name, Part ID, Part Name,Quantity Needed, Supplier ID, Supplier Name

I have done like this

Customers (Customer ID, Customer Name)
    Parts (Part ID, Part Name, Supplier ID, Quantity onHand,Quantity on Order
    Supplier (Supplier ID, Supplier Name)
    Product (Product ID, Product Name)
    Ordered Items (Product ID, Part ID, Customer ID, Quantity Needed)

Im not sure did I put quantities on the right table, and also there could be something wrong with relationships, because I cant add data in all tables.

Thanks for your time and help!!!!

Your quantity fields are in the right tables. Can you give a specific example of where you can't add data?

outside the rim
    Try this out:

Remove the relationships, then add some data. Make sure you have at least a couple of records in each table. Try to use valid looking data.

Once you have some valid data in, then try to setup the relationships. If there's a problem in how you have it setup - you'll get the error at this point (and you'll have a good idea of where the problem is).

If you can setup the relationships without error, go back in and add a few more records. If you get an error here, it's likely that the problem is how (or the order) you are adding the data versus a problem with the relationshipos themselves.

Without doing it in this order, you don't know where the problem is: setup or entry.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out!