Unanswered: can you help me?

i cannot reach the websiet as folowing:
    http://info.sybase.com/resolution/de...umber=10873783
    can you return it's content to me?
    thx in advance

Angry

Apparently, the new Sybase portal is causing several problems. Can't access to your page of to solved case...

Try this link...

http://info.sybase.com/CGI-BIN/OM_ISAPI.DLL?clientID=22196251&advquery=10873783&i nfobase=tstex4.nfo&record={A5EBB7}&recordswithhits =on&softpage=Document

Contents are...

Reference Case#: 10873783 Product: EAServer Developer, Windows
    Open Date: 9/30/02 05:36:59 OS: all NT
    Version/EBF: 0361 Generic Platform: PC Generic
    Closure Rating: 75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Case Description:
    IP addresses on machine have changed and as a result, customer cannot start EAServer. He realizes he need to change the listener definitions, but if you can't start the server how do you do this?

Key Words: EA Server serverstart listener

Tip or Workaround:
    Not Available

Resolution:
    1) start the JagRepair server (using serverstart JagRepair in EAServer 3.6.1 or serverstart -servername JagRepair for EAServer 4.x). This starts the server with a minimal configuration and will allow you to modify the listener properties via Jaguar Manager.

2) If using the default configuration for EAServer 4.1+, the servername is included as an environment variable reference in each of the listerner files, so the only requirement would be to modify the definition of JAGUAR_HOST_NAME which is set in the setenv.bat file in the EAServer/bin directory. If you are starting EAServer as a service, you additionally will need to uninstall and reinstall the service using the command serverstart -uninstall followed by serverstart -install.

3) Modify the .props files directly in the

%JAGUAR%/Repository/Listener directory. The properties files are named <servername>_<listenername>.props and can be edited within Notepad. In the editor, change the

com.sybase.jaguar.listener.host to be the appropriate value.

I heard that the access permissions to Solved cases is available now only for registered customers with support plans.

Quote Originally Posted by willy_and_the_ci
    I heard that the access permissions to Solved cases is available now only for registered customers with support plans.
    Please, who is your source ?

According with the Sybase site, it's not correct:

On http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1009249,00.html

Sybase customers who are not currently on a SupportNow Plan and/or are not a Technical Support Contact have access to a variety of online resources.

Solved Cases - By reviewing the solved cases database, you can find information on situations similar to yours, then put the solution to work for you.
    Last edited by fadace; 05-18-04 at 07:06.
    F. Celaia
    DBA Sybase/DB2/Oracle/MS-SQL