Thread: Combo

Unanswered: Combo

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. Basically, I have a table with a WineBrand field and a UnitPrice that relates to that WineBrand, i.e. Chardonnay is 8 etc.

I have created a form and I just want to be able to select a WineBrand from a drop-down menu, and then the price for that particular wine is automatically put into a text box called txtWinePrice. How is this achieved?

Provided Answers: 1
    There's a few different methods. One of which would be using DLookup to return the price associated with the winebrand and dump into a text box from the after update event of the combo box. Such a code may look like this:

txtPrice = DLookup("UnitPrice", "tblWines", "WineBrand = " & yourCombo.Value)

Note that if the winebrand field is a text datatype, you will need to enclose yourCombo.value in single quotes.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Bac83
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. Basically, I have a table with a WineBrand field and a UnitPrice that relates to that WineBrand, i.e. Chardonnay is 8 etc.

I have created a form and I just want to be able to select a WineBrand from a drop-down menu, and then the price for that particular wine is automatically put into a text box called txtWinePrice. How is this achieved?
    - Or -

If the combobox is based on a table/query and the price is one of the columns(hidden or not) then you could do the assignment off of the combobox's Column property Ex:

PriceTxt.Value=WineCombobox.Column(PriceColumnNumb er,WineCombobox.ListIndex)
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...