Unanswered: populating form fields

I have a table A with some fields(10 fields) (and data in them)and I have created another table B which has four fields common to table A and some extra fields too(all the fields are empty) , Now I created a form from table B with all its fields to get displayed now what I want is when I enter a pwrticular field in the form created from table B like ID_ no I should be able to automatically populate the remaining 3 fields which were common in both the tables taking data of that particular record from the table A and I should be manually able to fill the data in the extra fields of Form B .

Any help would be very helpful.
    Thanks.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by somanchivasu
    I have a table A with some fields(10 fields) (and data in them)and I have created another table B which has four fields common to table A and some extra fields too(all the fields are empty) , Now I created a form from table B with all its fields to get displayed now what I want is when I enter a pwrticular field in the form created from table B like ID_ no I should be able to automatically populate the remaining 3 fields which were common in both the tables taking data of that particular record from the table A and I should be manually able to fill the data in the extra fields of Form B .

Any help would be very helpful.
    Thanks.
    In your second table place the PrimaryKey from the first table...which is then known as your ForeignKey.
    In your query, take the Second table and place in the QueryGrid all the fields you want to work with and place also the ForeignKey for the other table and then select the fields to be populated from the First table. But make sure in your tables you set up your ReferentialIntegrity..... If you need more help I will try to assist later tonight. For now heading home....
    HERE I COME BABY....I'M OFF FOR THE DAY....YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bud

thanks bud!

i will do as you suggested and let you know the progress , thanks for your help

i tried but not able to get it would you please explain be a n example i need it because this is one thing i would be doing repetedly. appreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by somanchivasu
    i tried but not able to get it would you please explain be a n example i need it because this is one thing i would be doing repetedly. appreciate your help
    somanchivasu,
    Check below, I attached a small sample of that you are looking to do. There are 2 tables and 1 query that combines the both. When you open the query, run it and click on the First drop-down arrow. Watch what happens when you select a number....the fields to the right fill in automatically from the other table. Then look again at the TableStructure and create your own. Also, on the OrdersTable in DesignView click on the LookupTab and then click on the ellipses(....) to open it up and see what is behind the scenes for the RowSource. You can then create a Form that will function the same way for you. But one lil tip....to really get better help on here it would be best to Zip and Attach a sample of what you're working on. You keep out all the personal info. you don't want shared. Just create a copy and empty the data, then supply dummy data. This would be a BIG help and saves a lot of going back and forth. Also, always remember to create a very descriptive but brief message title.

hope this helps you out,
    Bud
    Attached Files Attached Files