toronto, canada

Unanswered: Stored Procedure woes

Hi All,

Overview: I am trying to automate remote admin on a db. I have a dev db where tables are added/altered etc. I need to sync the structures. So I create a text file with the templated structure and load that to a table. I then want to run a sql query to load another table with the current stucture, compare them and generate the appropriate sql (ceate table, alter table) to duplicate the structure...

I am to write a stored procedure where I load a file via Bulk Insert(ok there), then I am trying to run a query that returns a bunch of records and I am not sure how to handle the resultset. I need some pointers on how to move thru the resultset...

If someone knows of a good tutorial with this type of functionality, could you point me to it?

Parsippany NJ
    sound interesting, but you didnt really address the issue point. What is the difficulty you are facing right now?

Kansas City, MO
    It sounds like you are talking about two completely different things here, but who knows. For the first part of your post, would something like this help you?
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.