Thread: Menu Bar

Unanswered: Menu Bar

I would like to create a menu bar that contain nothing but a print and close icon. I can create a toolbar but when i change it to a menu bar the unwanted icon appear. I have explain in more detail in the attached file.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Joe
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Joseph E Ford

Hi Joseph

I think you are on a loser here - I can't find it but I'm sure I've read somewhere that the application menu bar (be it standard or customised) will always have those three icons and there is no get around. Could be wrong of course. However, you can have no menu bar. Have you tried hiding the normal menu bar and just keep your bespoke toolbar as it is?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Menu Bar

I can't understand this. I regularly convert toolbars to menu bars without problem. I'm using a database at the moment where the Menu bar has only one icon.

What version of Access are you using?

Menu Bar

I am using access 2002. Is there a way I can keep from using a menu bar at all. If so I know I could use a Tool Bar. But it seems to require the use of a menu bar.

Thanks

Joe
    Joseph E Ford

If you go to customise your toolbars, select menu bar and then properties - by default Allow showing\ hiding is unticked. Tick this and you can remove your menu bar.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Menu Bar

Sounds like it should work. I will give it a try. I let you know in any case. Thanks.
    Joseph E Ford

Menu Bar

I just can't remove the menu bar at all. No matter what I do I keep getting the restore icon on a menu bar.
    Joseph E Ford

Try going to form properties, from there go to "ALL", scroll down to menu bar and enter =1, this will get rid of menu bar.

Hopefully this is what you are trying to do. I also use a button on my form to close dbase.

Mike

Hi Joseph

Sorry - my advice didn't work. It worked fine while you were in the app but the startup properties would display some sort of menu bar, even if it was empty, on startup. I also tried Mike's suggestion (at form level and on startup) and despite the help saying it should work my version of access kept failing (it would not accept that the entry was not the name of a macro). However, put this on the load event of your switchboard and hopefully things should happen. When this was working I had only one menu bar (the default menu bar) in my application and it was set to be visible:

Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = False

This gives me the attached lovingly crafted application on startup. I'm hoping now that this is what you are aiming for. It may be an idea to enclose the above in a conditional statement, perhaps

If Right(Application.CurrentDb.Name, 3) = MDE Then
    Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = False
    Else
    Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = True
    End If

or a test on the OS username.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails toolbar1.gif  
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Menu Bar

finally got what I want. Your help is very much appreciated. I solve the problem by using your code in the switchboard Form event properties in the on current section. This allow the database to open without a menubar. I then created a toobar that is exactly what I wanted.

Thank you very much.
    Joseph E Ford