Thread: Omnis

Unhappy Unanswered: Omnis

Hello All,

Has anybody any experience with Omnis 7 for Mac? I have a requirement where I need to access the data in a Omnis 7 database, but am not sure of how to go about doing it. I did some research myself and even downloaded the ODBC driver for Win32 from www.omnis.net, but that did not seem to help. Is there anyway I can convert or read from a Mac format file from within Windows? I have some tools that will read a Mac formatted ASCII file and some other Mac formats from within Windows, but they don't seem to like this file.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Aravind

What do you want to do
    Convert an OMNIS db to an other database or access to an omnis database hosted on a mac ?
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Quote Originally Posted by omiossec
    What do you want to do
    Convert an OMNIS db to an other database or access to an omnis database hosted on a mac ?
    I wanted to access the Omnis data file that was given to me. My intent was to export the data in a CSV or other format to prepare for a conversion into Oracle. I did not know (or to put it correctly, the IT person for whom I was doing the conversion did not know) if the file was a MAC format or Win32 format. I was just a flat file with no extension which led me to believe that it was a MAC file. Anyway, I managed to get hold of the program that accesses this database and was able to export most of the data out of it. But if you have any information that you would like to share please do so. Is it possible to access this database (file?) using ODBC or any other methods?

Thanks.
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you !!!