Unanswered: Question - graphics in report

I have a report that works fine. I have one field that is status. It is either red yellow or green. I want the report to print a graphic instead of the text. I have three graphics, one for red, one for yellow and one for green. Can I do this in the report or do I have to do it in the table that holds the data?

Quote Originally Posted by zene55
    I have a report that works fine. I have one field that is status. It is either red yellow or green. I want the report to print a graphic instead of the text. I have three graphics, one for red, one for yellow and one for green. Can I do this in the report or do I have to do it in the table that holds the data?
    You can do it in the report. Look at the Detail_Format method ... Add a graphic/picture control and then fill it as required.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Something that I have done in the past is to add all three graphics to the report. Stack them one on top of the other. Set the Visible property to No. Then add something like the following code in the Detail_Format event:

<CODE>
    imgRed.Visible = [Status]="Red"
    imgGreen.Visible = [Status]="Green"
    imgYellow.Visible = [Status]="Yellow"
    </CODE>

This is assuming that the images are too big. The way the code works is, if the Status is 'Red' (probably some other value) then the Red image is made visible and the other are made invisible.