Unanswered: Access passwords help

I have a database that uses a password to gain entry for changes.. and for security.Also stops people meesing about with the work that has been done, also if they press shift to bypass the autoexec.

I have set the process that it does within a module. I also have an autoexec macro that lauches the module. As its password protected can i add the passord with the module so that it accepts the password and carries on. ??

Why dont you use a .mdw so each user can have their own password and you can easily (somewhat) track the users and changes made by them?

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

the database wont have any users as such its to manipulate a text file which is generated from another system .. It kina works like an exe file, but i have use the components of access to do it.It starts up , does the file manipultion and then exports, then clsoes. The trouble is that we have a copywrite on this and my boss wants me to stop anyone getting into the workings of it.So i thought to password protect it... but when the autoexec loads it asks for the password

Have you thought of making it a .MDE it is a compiled version and no one could get to the coding of it or change it around.

As well if you put copyright notices in the database and in the code you should be fine with the .mde.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

can you do that in access then ?