Question Unanswered: Problem with using a 'text' data type.

I am using a 'text' data type in a table and am having trouble adding data to it. I'm using an MS Access ADP project front end for my forms. I want to copy and paste from a text editor such as NotePad to a 'text' data type field in a form. There appears to be a limit that the field will accept which is much below the 2GB size that is allowed for the field. I get the following error message: "The text is too long to be edited." Once I get this error I can add characters from the keyboard but eventually the field will not accept any more characters. Typing or pasting does nothing. I can delete. So I've hit a limit but I'm not sure if it is in Access or SQL Server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dennis Geasan

Go to design view on the form. Right click on your text box. Look at the properties. I believe there's a property there to set the max length.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

No such property exists on a 'text' data type field. I did some further testing. The field will take up to 64000 characters and then quit accepting any more. It looks like I will have to use special SQL commands to add additional data to this field. It does not behave the same as an MS Access Memo field and directly allow a large amount of text to be added. Further research indicates the SQL Server 'text' data type is a linked list and I will have to start working with pointers to be able to add more data. Ugly.

Dennis Geasan