Unanswered: It doesn't change application properties in real time

Hi!

I am typing this:

ChangeProperty "AllowToolbarChanges", dbBoolean, True
    ChangeProperty "AllowBuiltInToolbars", dbBoolean, True
    ChangeProperty "AllowFullMenus", dbBoolean, True
    ChangeProperty "AllowShortcutMenus", dbBoolean, True

This function changes the property. But I must close and open the application to see the changes in the toolbar.

Does anybody know how to restart without closing the application. Or anohter better solution?

Thank you

Hi

If you look at the tools >> Start Up options, you'll see that these are what you are setting programmatically. As such, they are read and acted upon at startup. If I want to set these sorts of things I tend to set them on the close event of my switchboard, anticipating what I will want them set to the next time it is opened (I use a vbYesNo message box so I have the option of setting it as I want). It is a pain during your development of this feature but it works fine once you have finished - I now just select yes if I know I am about to create an mde for distribution, other wise no.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Question

Ok, but my application works like that: if you are not a superuser you don't see any of the toolbars, then if you are a superuser, you will click a button to show the toolbars.

Does anybody have this situation?

Any idea?

Thanks

maybe this will help, how to choose the form to open in the startup but with a Dialog mode???

I think I got it

So I change the properties of the form which is open to Modal.

Then I desactivate the shortcut menus. So only when the user press the special button, then he/she can "touch" the toolbar, he cannot use the shortcut menu, but it is ok, he/she can manage with the menu.

Anyway, thanks for read my post