Unanswered: problem with access on citrix

I wrote a stand alone access ap for work to track attendance of my employees. At the time it coincided with a school project so it worked out. I had limited experience with access at the time so the ap is not in anyway sophisticated. Other departments got wind of the ap so the network admin at the time decided to install it on the Citrix Server to allow other depts to use the same ap. There are two copies of the complete database one for my dept the warehouse (on a network drive) and one for the plant (on Citrix). Neither of these databases has any security in place they are both single user jobs. Now the problem, the copy on the network drive is still clipping along with no problems. The copy that was installed on the Citrix server has the following problem. When the new network admin logged in to the Citrix server and opened the ap it changed the file permissions to make him the sole admin of the db; locking out the plants users. It now does the same thing anytime he opens that application. Somehow his opening that ap changes the file permissions for that application. Has anyone run into this problem? My first thought is this is a Citrix problem, not a problem with Access espicially with no security on the DB. Any replies appreciated, sorry for the novella.

Try putting security around your app and see if the same behavior prevails.

access problem on citrix

Figured it out. I had the DB set to auto compact the file. When it did it created a temp file which was inheriting the wrong permissions and transferring them to the orig db. Weird. Never seen that before. It was happening on a local machine too.