Unanswered: Report: Multiple fields in the same GroupLevel?

Hi,

I need to group records within a report in a special way. Each record has a 'Group ID' (GID), a 'Part ID' (PID) and a 'Scale ID' (SID). I want to group by GID, and within the GID I want the PIDs to be grouped together. I also want the SIDs to be groped together, right after the PIDs are done.
    An example (wherein there are 3 distinct PIDs and 2 distinct SIDs in the first GID, 1/3 in the second and 0/1 in the third):

GID
    > PID
    > PID
    > PID
    > SID
    > SID
    GID
    > PID
    > SID
    > SID
    > SID
    GID
    > SID

Is there any way to do this _without_ subreports (they have a huge negative impact on my report formating)? I found no way to do this with the "Sort and group" feature of the report and would be grateful for any suggestions whatsoever.
    Last edited by S_Scheible; 05-21-04 at 04:56. Reason: Changed title to be more comprehensive

Hi,

To make it easy if you could Zip and Attach a copy of your database we might be able to help you better. You can make a copy and then empty the real data and replace with dummy data.
    From what I can see though in the Sorting/Grouping create a GroupHeader for GID, and SID. Then in the GroupHeader bar RightClick it and open the Properties and then on the FormatTab select KeepTogether = Yes.

That's as best as I can figure without having something to work with, unless someone else comes along. Hope this might help some.

Bud

Bud,
    thanks for your effort. I have built an Access2k demo database to clarify, as the original one is bloated (one of those that have been growing for years...). Check out the report "gids".
    I have done some further research to augment my terminology in this field. I would like to have PID and SID on the same "GroupLevel" in a way that (within a GID) first all PIDs of the GID are listed, then the SIDs of the GID, as indicated in the text diagramm in my first post. There is no relation between PID and SID, so I can neither group by GID, then SID, then PID nor GID, then PID, then SID. I have no idea how to put two fields into the same GroupLevel, if that is at all possible or a feasible way to achieve what I have in mind.
    Attached Files Attached Files