Unanswered: SQL 2000 Enterprise Hangs Upon Install

I hope someone out there can help, cos i really need it.
    We have a 2 node cluster + SAN that will be used as our SQL 2000 servers.
    We have setup the cluster ok, and have tested failover with no problems.
    However, when we try to install SQL 2000, it just hangs.
    I have copied the enterprise cd to the local drive, and am installing from there.
    We run the setup.bat, create the Virtual Server, and assign an ip address. At this point, it just hangs.
    Upon checking the SQLSTP.LOG file, this is the last entry in the log:
    Begin Action : DialogShowSdDiskGroups

I have found the Microsoft Technet Article 293788, which gives me a possible soloution, but we dont have any Resource Names or Groups that have the same name.

Can someone PLEASE give me an answer on how to fix this, or at least point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks

Hoffman Estates, IL

SQL Install on Cluster Hangs

What OS are you using?

Were there any previous warning messages (Unsigned driver, services running, service pack 2)?

Are you installing a default or a named instance?

Is the domain account being used for the install a local administrator on both systems?

Is the snmp service running (if it is, stop it)?

Is another instance of SQL Server already running on any of the servers in the cluster?

For every node in the cluster:

Check if the machine is configured to disallow 8.3 name creation by checking the following registry key:
    A value of 1 means this is disabled. Please change it back to 0 and reboot the machine to take effect.

Change the TEMP and TMP User Environment Variables to a path that does not have spaces in them. Use the SET command to verify that the new TEMP location is in effect. This does not require a reboot.

You could try installing MDAC 2.8 seperately.

Did you clean out the mssql directories and registry keys between failed attempts?

Delete all of the left over directory entries ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server", etc.),

Delete all the left over registry keys ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server], [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSQLServer], [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server], and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OLAP Server])
    Last edited by sturnfield; 05-19-04 at 19:29.